Sunday 4 September 2011

Lego Star Wars 8088 ARC-170 Starfighter Part 1

Moving on to one of my earliest completed sets, the Aggressive ReConnaissance-170 Starfighter. Bought it pretty early on when my interest in Lego picked up (plus I could not resist the cover art and the design of the fighter!). Currently, it is still one of the largest items taking up one huge corner of my shelf by itself.

Actual box art courtesy of Brickstation


Being one of my earlier sets, I did not take comprehensive pictures of it, nor did I take the box cover and packets before it was opened. Thus, the whole writeup would probably take only 2 parts, despite the size of the thing.

A comprehensive description and history of the ARC-170 can be found here at Wookieepedia for Star Wars fans.

I shall begin with the process for this part then.

Top view of the cockpit

The rear end with the clone pilot and R4-P44

The front with Captain Jag and Kit Fisto (who is armed with a light saber...incase)

Fully extendable cockpit covers

Huge engines and tail lasers added

Mechanism for opening and closing of the wings.

And the completed starfighter


Yup, a pity I have not thought about blogging at the time I created this. Ah well, till part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment