Saturday 3 September 2011

Lego City 3366 Satellite Launch Pad Part 1

Something light this time. The Satellite Launch Pad is part of the space sub theme under the city theme. I have all 4 sub sets and this particular one was given as a gift to my elder son on the birthday of my younger son. (He received the larger space shuttle and we have all just finished working on it today!)

I tasked my older boy to read the instructions and fix up the whole set by himself (with me supervising him by the side and stopping him from time to time to take photos) and I was glad he managed to accomplish the task happily.

Without further ado, here's the first of two short parters on the set.

Cover Art (forgot about the back cover, oops!)
2 packets, 1 instruction booklet, a set of stickers
The first of the two main items would be the transport van that houses the sophisticated equipment needed to launch the mini rocket.

A simple base with a hint of "reds" to come

Insides completed (driver missing!)

Completed product with a flatbed top

Frontal view (natural light washed out the details I suppose)

Lowering the rear door reveals......space! (no pun intended)

Perching precariously at the edge of my table

Will showcase the various components in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment